Monday, July 29, 2013

Slammed by Colleen Hoover 2.5/5



Genre: Young Contemporary Romance

Sensuality: 7

Slammed was an okay read. Not great by a long shot. I always think it’s risky when authors fill pages with ‘poetry’. I love my fair share of poetry, but I also want to read a good story. 

This story is about a girl in her senior year of high school that moved to a new neighborhood and fell for her next door neighbor. Her neighbor just happens to be a teacher at her new school. This is the major conflict in the novel. This kind of conflict can only go so far though. After a while I was tired of reading about the fact that they can not be together. From her discovery of his job, it kind of needed to end. Other reviews I read prior to buying said they didn’t really see any real chemistry. I must agree now.

Hoover is a pretty decent writer, I will try some other books of hers. Slammed just didn’t do it for me.

2.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment