Friday, July 5, 2013

Real, By Katy Evans 4.5/5



Sensuality: 8

This is one of my favorite purchases from the E-book world to date. I have a weakness for flawed yet strong characters. And I absolutely LOVE it that Evans explored the world of mental illness a bit in the story as well. For me, topics like this gives true weight to books or stories.

The story revolves around Remy (an underground MAA fighter and Brooke (a professional athlete turned physical therapist). What I love about this book is that you watched the characters walk into their relationship. And not do the usual 50 meter dash that most authors give us (and readers like me willingly take!) The chemistry was there from day one, and I was thrilled when they finally just stopped the intense flirting and got together. But I thoroughly enjoyed the ‘getting to know you phase’ she gave the couple.

It made the story feel very realistic. I personally love when we see the softer/sentimental side of very strong men. And let me tell ya! My man was a STRONG man. After reading this book you will want your own Remy. Flaws and all.

The only dislike I have is that I want to read what happens next NOW! Do you see what this AMAZON situation is doing to us all! We think we have tasted the backlash of instant gratification! I actually get angry when a see a release date on an author’s follow-up book being 3 or more months away.

Wonderful book! Read it!

4.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment