Friday, July 26, 2013

Fallen Crest High by Tijan 2/5



Genre: Contemporary Young Adult

Sensuality: 9

I do not know how I feel about this book. It does not totally suck. But it is pretty bad. It centers around two privileged brothers and their soon to be stepsister. The brothers are the most popular and attractive guys in the area, and the stepsister is soon enough, the most envied and admired girl due to her connection with them.

I knew what I was getting into before I purchased this one, so I can’t even complain too much. Now, I like my fair share of teenage romance (I still watch The Breakfast Club, Pretty in Pink, etc pretty religiously) but the book wasn’t really a romance to me. 

Fallen Crest instead seemed to focus on how you can become addicted and negatively affected by power. The chemistry was not there for me for the couple, and this trend of macho, aggressive male characters in books is getting tiring.

We don’t need to give some of these men in existence any extra ideas! In order to maintain my sanity, I have to believe that I am NOT the only adult worried about authors writing about teenagers being sooooo sexually active. I know that many are these days, but my goodness! I must be from the last conservative country in the western world. And these little kiddies getting these books with the innocent looking covers. Some parents are completely oblivious. I thought that the Baby Sitters Club was HOT back in the day.

All in all, it was not that great. There was no conflict, just drama, drama, drama!
Read it for free if you can. After reading it, I had strong appreciation for my adulthood. But if you don’t get to it its not a major loss.

2/5
Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment