Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Blast From the Past! The Golden List:)



The fact that I excitedly pulled up a chair and sat in front of my humble library to compile this list shows how much of a nerd I am.

Oh yes I am! Damn proud too!

I want to share a list of my all time favorite romance novels to date. I have so much respect for these books that I hide them from my relatives and friends that visit. I have been burned by borrowers that FAILED to return my stuff! 

Any hoo.

These books have been reread at least 4 times. A couple are on my summer book list as well. I hope that you find a gem in my collection. I am going to try and give a little bit of information about each. Some might not be in print now though.

Here goes….

1. The Vow, By Linda Lael Miller
Genre: Western Historical Romance
Sensuality: 7
Why I love It: It’s about a western family, love, jealously, adventure and pride.

2.  The Masquerade, By Brenda Joyce
Genre:  Regency Historical Romance
Sensuality: 8.5
Why I love It: Its set in Ireland, and is about a love that is kind of single-minded and forgiving.

3. Stealing Heaven, By Madeline Hunter
Genre:  Regency Historical Romance
Sensuality: 9
Why I love It: This is a very intense romance centered around not so perfect characters. (I love flawed characters)

4. Slightly Dangerous, Mary Balough
Genre:  Regency Historical Romance
Sensuality: 8
Why I love It: The author broke through the idea of the classic stuffy, unreachable ton. Characters are explained, imperfect, yet actually lovely.

5. The Raven Prince, By Elizabeth Hoyt
Genre:  Regency Historical Romance
Sensuality: 9
Why I love It: Authors rarely look at the middle class. And the book is H.O.T.T. (I feel bad not mentioning The Leopard Prince, please ignore The Serpent Prince)

6. Sugar Daddy, By Lisa Kleypas
Genre:  Contemporary Romance
Sensuality: 8.5
Why I love It: Its based in Texas I believe, and authors can’t help but paint Texan men as manly, rich and strong. And the author simply writes a really good story

7. Dream Man, By Linda Howard
Genre:  Contemporary Suspense Romance
Sensuality: 9.5
Why I love It: Besides great chemistry of the characters, its an interesting plot involving a psychic of sorts.

8. Causing Havoc, By Lori Foster
Genre:  Contemporary Romance
Sensuality: 9
Why I love It: Its about a MMA fighter, who is a very macho manly man. (what’s not to love) Good chemistry, but getting insight into the MMA world was great.

9. Triumph, By Heather Graham
Genre:  Historical War-time Romance
Sensuality: 7.5
Why I love It: I love reading about characters in the time of the American Civil War. Strong, brave characters to boot.

10. Gentle Rogue, By Johanna Lindsey
Genre:  Regency Historical Romance
Sensuality: 8
Why I love It: This novel is funny and sweet. And most of the story plays out on the sea in the time of pirates.

This was harder than I thought it would be. I feel bad leaving out some of my other all time favorites. I’ll add them in anyway!

Hearts Aflame, by Johanna Lindsey
The Least Likely Bride, By Jane Feather
Calypso Magic, By Catherine Coulter
Back in Black, by Lori Foster
Heart of Fire, By Linda Howard
The Cowboy, By Joan Johnson
When or Where, By Anita Shreve (play the soundtrack after you read it) Yes! It has an actual SOUNDTRACK
Sweet Anger, By Sandra Brown
Seduce Me at Sunrise, By Lisa Kleypas

 I think that that is more than enough. This list is all over the place. From Regency, to contemporary to western.

 Take care! :)





No comments:

Post a Comment