Thursday, August 14, 2014

Beautiful Broken Rules by Kimberly Lauren



Beautiful Broken Rules by Kimberly Lauren

Genre: Young Adult Contemporary Romance

Sensuality: 8

This one is alright.I actually read it several months ago and went to revisit it this week, only to find it deleted from my kindle. So I purchased it again!




It was different reading about a female heroine 'sewing her wild oats', or sleeping around. I like how it opened up the discussion of double standards when it comes to this area of sexuality. The author bluntly asked the question why is a woman called a slut if she has a high  rate of turn over in her sexual relationships while guys on the other hand are given a break to some extent?


The book had some depth, and was not only about sex, sex, sex. I did feel some disconnect with the characters though. I didn't believe that the couple would make it in the end, even though it had a HEA ending.

It was a book with a new perspective for me. And It didn't hurt that the hero was a big football hunk. That's definitely a weakness for me these days.

They did a great job on the cover too.

3.5/5

Happy Reading






No comments:

Post a Comment