Monday, September 8, 2014

Beneath This Man by Jodi Ellen Malpas 2/5



Beneath This Man by Jodi Ellen Malpas

Genre: Contemporary Romance

Sensuality: 9

Ummm..This one was hard to read. And primarily due to the language the author chose to use. The story is based in the UK, and she used a lot of local colloquialism. It is distracting trying to figure out the slang words that are unique to that culture. So many words were used that I still have not a clue about.

That was frustrating for me. The plot is not unique, but it could have been a better read none the less. The story line seemed boring. It had no conflict what so ever. I'm guessing that Book 1 was better. Having a boyfriend that operates an adult entertainment establishment is not conflict enough. The hero seemed a bit stupid to me. I've read books before that had heroes that were not formally educated, classy or rich. They still came off as impressive men. Jesse didn't do that for me unfortunately. 

Over all, not an entertaining read. And to be honest I didn't finish the book.

2/5

Laters






No comments:

Post a Comment