Wednesday, April 23, 2014

The Lion's Lady by Julie Garwood 2/5


The Lion’s Lady, by Julie Garwood

Genre: Historical Regency Romance

Sensuality: 7

Another disappointing Garwood that had so much potential. I think that her writing style in general is just not my cup of tea. I got pretty far reading this one, but ALAS!  I could not take all of the cheesy moments. Garwood kept alluding to how strong the heroine was, but it was contradictory to how she acted. I could have even imagined how her voice sounded. It wasn’t a flattering voice either.

This book is going to paint a clear picture of how idle some of the upper crust English society was at that time in history.

The heroine basically came to London to get married in order to have her inheritance. That’s pretty much the entire plot of this long drawn-out story.

Disappointing. I remember a novel written by Garwood that was very good. That’s why I gave these recent two a shot.

2/5

No comments:

Post a Comment