Wednesday, April 16, 2014

The Gift by Julie Garwood 1.5/5


The Gift, by Julie Garwood

Genre: Historical Regency Romance

Sensuality: 6

This was purchased on a recent regency romance splurge. I thought I chose this one so carefully. I failed!

I can’t even finish the novel. And usually I absolutely HAVE to finish a novel despite how terrible it is.

The fact that this story was set at sea attracted me. But that is the only interesting thing about it. The heroine is very silly and clumsy. And she was always screaming and getting away with foolishness like poisoning the crew, almost starting fires and the list goes on.

I believe this book was suppose to read as a funny story. And maybe it was funny at the time it was originally printed.

This one got such high reviews.

I don’t understand how.

1.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment