Wednesday, April 2, 2014

The Atonement Child by Francine Rivers 4/5


The Atonement Child, by Francine Rivers

Genre: Contemporary Christian/Inspirational Novel

Sensuality: 2

This author has some interesting stories to share. This one did not disappoint. I am pretty sure it was written quite some time ago, but has been reprinted. Rivers tends to write Christian based stories, not focused on the romantic aspect of relationships, but more about the growth of her characters and their challenges in getting out of everyday tough situations.

It centers around the question, should a female abort a child conceived during rape? Abortion continues to be a sensitive subject. The fact that this novel explored this debate attracted me to the book from the first day I read the synopsis on Amazon. As a female I asked myself what I would do.

It is a Christian based novel, so if you are not into your characters asking God questions, and exploring their spirituality then you will not enjoy this one. I am a Believer, and even I got a little tired of all the praying and bible quotes. (And lightning strikes!) I just want to simply read the story sometimes.

That being said, I am happy I purchased the paperback. I never got bored, but I did find myself glossing over the drawn out mental debates and a couple of the prayer sessions. It’s the kind of book you will probably pass on to family and friends. It brings up so many questions. I want to discuss the issue of abortion with someone now.

Happy reading,

4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment