Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Burn by Maya Banks 3/5



Burn by Maya Banks

Genre: Contemporary Romance 

Sensuality : 10

This one will not be on my favorites list. Banks has given me a couple of enjoyable reads recently. I have enjoyed the Kelly/KGI series and have been meaning to check out her historical (my favorite genre of all time!) novels. But this novel had no real conflict or meat. 

The story centers around a middle aged self-made millionaire male (Ash) and Josie. Josie is a ‘free-spirited’ artist, living paycheck to paycheck. Ash is the night and shining type, willing and able to take care of Josie. Her independence and his dominance collide in this novel.

As you can undoubtedly see… NO CONFLICT! Maya tends to write pretty steamy novels, so if that is your main draw for books, then buy this one. But even in that vein, I am tired of authors trying the Fifty Shades thing! Can’t we create a male character that does not expect to be updated about every single move their woman makes? And threaten to 'spank' her if she doesn't? I wonder…

Not one of my favorites. Wish I got it for free.

3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment