Monday, February 8, 2016

Sacked (Gridiron #1) by Jen Frederick 2/5

Sacked (Gridiron #1) by Jen Frederick

Genre: Young Adult Contemporary Romance

Sensuality: 9

This one had the potential to be a 'cute' read. It instead read kind of boring for me. I think that the actual writing style of this author does not mesh with me.

The plot was pretty average. But once again, the reviews were really, REALLY high! My expectations fortunately were pretty low. So I wasn't extremely disappointed.

The characters did not have real chemistry to me. And for some reason, I was getting confused about the supporting characters. With the hero being on a football team, there were quite a bit of names getting thrown around. I guess the author wanted to spark the readers interest about the future story lines. It kind of irritated me though, cause the hero didn't seem to have any true relationship with anyone on the team.

It had a whole lot of raunchy sex scenes, which I guess is the reason for the high reviews. The conflict was silly, and weird though. And some parts of it did not feel authentic.

Read this one at your own risk.

2/5

Good luck.


If you read it and made a review, please share your link in a comment. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment