Saturday, November 8, 2014

Sweet Rome (Sweet Home #2) by Tillie Cole 4/5




Sweet Rome by Tillie Cole

Genre: Young Adult Contemporary Romance

Sensuality: 9

I enjoyed this one. Other reviewers mentioned that the only way to describe the hero's point of view is 'raw'. They were exactly right. I could believe that he had the exact thought processes that the author gave him. This book deals with physical abuse, which is never easy to read about. It is pretty depressing at times to be honest, but this s*** happens.









The couple did not have an easy road to happily ever after, which was refreshing for me. The author convinced me that Rome really exists. Him being a football player was an added bonus!

Give it a shot. I couldn't put it down, but I did feel like the author left some situations out. She may have assumed that book #1 was read before, so the reader knows what happened. That is my sole complaint.  It is not a stand alone book. I kind of want to read the heroines point of view now.

4/5

Happy reading

 






No comments:

Post a Comment