Monday, November 17, 2014

It Ain't Me, Babe (Hades Hangmen #1) By Tillie Cole



It Ain't Me, Babe (Hades Hangmen #1) By Tillie Cole

Genre: MC (this needs to be a whole new genre now!) Contemporary Romance

Sensuality: 9

I am not sure why these MC books are getting such high ratings. These rating are in a way false advertising for the readers that don't have the patience to check out book reviews. 

The basic plot of this book is interesting...but waaaaaaay too gory. It is not an easy read by far. The story explores child sexual abuse, physical abuse and mental abuse. It's pretty heavy.
With that being said, I do not understand how the heroine could jump so quickly into the sack with the hero after experiencing many years of such abuse. That was not realistic at all. Lots of little things like this was not adding up in the story, and left me puzzled while I read. And the way she spoke! It drove me insane.  I tried to imagine her accent in my head, but I couldn't imagine anyone except someone whose mother tongue is not English speaking in that kind of English. It may irk you too.

This was such a gory book. The author does warn readers though. Most authors with such heavy content gives fair warning. The general reviews and ratings are too high! False advertising. This is apart of a series that I do not feel at all compelled to get into.

And am I the only person wondering what the title of the book is all about? Why Tillie? Why?

2/5

Happy reading



No comments:

Post a Comment