Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. James 3/5


Fifty Shades of Grey, by E.L. James

Genre: Contemporary Romance

Sensuality: 10

This one I read quite a while ago. I enjoyed it at the time I read it. But I can’t read it a second time around.

Fifty Shades of Grey is the first in the trilogy. It is a VERY graphic book. And it deals with some heavy subject matter such as sexual abuse and BDSM (did I say it right?). Not really the type of thing I want to read about, but hey! I wanted to see what the fuss was all about.

It came off quite childish. Especially the voice of the heroine. I need strong characters in my books. Of course our hero appears strong, attractive and lets not forget rich. I agree that the Bared to You series is better. That one read more intelligently.

Borrow it from a friend if you must. It will be interesting to see the neediness and intensity of the relationship in the book translated on film though…

Happy reading,

3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment